2015/09/24

Samsung Laptop with Synaptics touchpad in Windows 10



I have struggeled with the synaptics touchpad in my Samsung SF311 laptop since I installed Windows 10 on it. Samsung seems to abandon old hardware with no updated drivers to show for. 

The drivers from synaptics website did show a old style scroll icon as mouse pointer when attempting a scroll but Edge and Explorer windows would not respond.

Having read some attempts that seemed to work on HP laptops with Lenovo drivers I tried to install the Lenovo drivers on my Samsung SF311. The Lenovo drivers works, scrolling and everything! The only culprit now is that it is scrolling the "wrong" direction (up is down and down is up). But this is probably done on purpose to "drag" the page, not a wheel. It actually starts to feel normal.

The drivers I used:
http://support.lenovo.com/us/en/downloads/ds032247
They probably also work on SF411 and SF511 as I guess they share touchpad.

Update: It is possible to reverse direction of scrolling.
Start->Type "Mouse & Touchpad settings"
Device Settings->settings



No comments:

Post a Comment